Friendship is a wonderful thing, but it comes in many, many different & sometimes hilarious forms.
Love them or hate them, they are all of us.
Today Social We looks at the 16 types of friend we all have on a night out…
1) The ‘I’ll be there in 5 minutes’ friend
They tell you they’ll be there in 5 minutes. 20 minutes later, alone, you’re contemplating why you’re friends at all.
2) The ‘Group chatter box’
You know the one. The one that wants to know what everyone is wearing, what they’ve eaten that day, and what a great night this is going to be…
3) The ‘Can eat whatever they want & still look amazing’ friend
If I even look at a double whopper I feel like a complete fatty. Damn you and your insane metabolism, you know who you are!
4) The ‘Always taking selfies’ friend
We all have the friend that acts like their filming a documentary every night out… Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, sigh.
5) The ‘Always on the pull’ friend
Every friendship group has the ‘renegade pervert’. They are inappropriate, unashamed, and somehow manage to avoid jail time & hookup.
6) The ‘Is gonna cry at some point’ friend
Every night out. There comes a tipping point. That 7th glass of Prosecco. That text from the ex. The red eyes. Run away.
7) The ‘drunken revelation’ friend
Because sipping on a cocktail is the perfect time to tell your friends that you’re cheating on your boyfriend with his brother.
8) The ‘Needs carrying home’ friend
Know your limits!
9) The ‘Dances all night’ friend
Where do they get the energy from?! It doesn’t matter what the DJ is spinning, once they’re on the dance floor there is no getting them off.
10) The ‘Brutally honest drunk’ friend
Somehow, we all stay friends after. The brutal home truths always come out at some point during a night out.
11) The ‘Loses something’ friend
‘Where’s my phone’? Out come the torches and vain attempts to clear/search the dance floor on your hands & knees.
12) The ‘Party animal let’s do shots’ friend
Because no one wants to get paralytic on their own. Who would have thought peer-pressure would still be a thing at 30!
13) The ‘disappearing act’ friend
“I’m just going to the toilet/bar”. And like that ‘poof’, you have an evening in a bar on your own to look forward to.
14) The ‘Get’s thrown out of bar’ friend
“I didn’t do anything, man”! Question is, do you leave with your friend, or pretend like you didn’t see it and ignore your phone for the rest of the night?
15) The ‘Rude to the bartender & never gets served’ friend
Having been a bartender once upon a time. This happens a lot. And yes, we tell all of the other bartenders to ignore that rude person.
16) The ‘Gets in to a drunken fight’ friend
They’re so nice normally… a few beers later, out comes the Drunken Master.
Which one are you?