Revision date: 01/09/2016
1. Information Collection
- 1.1. We collect the following information about you and your use of our Platform in order to create a better, more personalised experience for you:
- 1.1.1. a username selected by you or assigned by us, your email address, your name, a password selected by you, your city; and
- 1.1.2. for each Social We Social in which you participate, you may choose to post messages via Event Chat, or upload photos & videos (‘memories’).
- 1.1.3. for purposes of this Policy, “Personally Identifiable Information” means information that could be used to identify your personally (such as your email address or IP address), which has not been previously or subsequently disclosed by you on the public areas of our website or in messages you send to your Social Event Chat.
- 1.2. We automatically track certain basic information about our members (such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, click patterns, etc.). We use this information to do internal research on our members’ usage patterns, demographics, interests and general behaviour to better understand and serve you and our community.
- 1.3. We currently contract with online partners to help manage and optimise our business and communications. For example, we use the services of partners to help us deliver and measure how visitors use our Platform. To do this, we and our partners use third-party tracking technologies such as web beacons, pixels and cookies on this Platform and on other websites and online services. A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on your computer that is tied to information about you. The type of information collected includes the URL you came from and go to, your browser information, and IP address, and helps us learn how to improve our service. We use these technologies for authentication, tracking user sessions, preferences, and movements around the Platform, anonymous and aggregated marketing analytics, performance analytics, ad retargeting, and tracking aggregate trends on the Platform. No information shared with our partners through cookies and related technologies is directly linked to your Personally Identifiable Information.
- 1.4. We may collect information such as postings you make on the public areas of our platform, messages you send to us, and correspondence we receive from other members or third parties about your activities or postings on our platform. Our use of this information is consistent with the rights and restrictions set forth in Section 2.
2. Use of Information
- 2.1. We use the information we collect about you (including your Personally Identifiable Information) to create a better, more personalised experience for you based on your individual usage habits, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyse site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customise our platform’s content, layout and Services. These uses improve our platform and allow us to better customise it to meet your needs. We also use the information we collect about you to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms of Service Agreement.
- 2.2. We may compile the information we collect about you and use it, in an aggregate form only, in the negotiation and establishment of service agreements with public and/or private enterprises under which such enterprises will serve as Social We partners or as venues for meetings between our members (“Socials”).
- 2.3. We may use for promotional, sales or any use that we consider appropriate your correspondence with us or photographs submitted for publication on our platform, be it via email, postings on our platform, or feedback correspondence. Our use of such materials is consistent with the restrictions on disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information set forth in Section 3.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
- 3.1. Opt-in requirement. WITHOUT YOUR AFFIRMATIVE CONSENT (ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS), WE DO NOT SELL, RENT OR OTHERWISE SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH OTHER THIRD PARTIES, UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED AS DESCRIBED BELOW UNDER “REQUIRED DISCLOSURES”. TO THE EXTENT WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OUR PARTNERS AND ADVERTISERS, WE SHARE ONLY AGGREGATED OR OTHERWISE NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT IS NOT LINKED TO YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. Aggregated information that we may share with our marketing partners includes, but is not limited to, information showing the relative popularity of one Social venue over another, or the popularity of certain Social We topics.
- 3.2. You should understand that information you provide through the registration process or post to the public areas of our platform, or through the use of our Platform (including your name (if provided) and location information) may be accessible by and made public through syndication programs and by search engines, metasearch tools, crawlers, metacrawlers and other similar programs.
- 3.3. Required disclosures. Though we make every effort to preserve member privacy, we may need to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information when required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website, (b) enforce this Policy or the Terms of Service Agreement, (c) respond to claims that your Personal Information violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Social We, its members and the public. You authorise us to disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
4. Communications from Social We and Members of the Social We Community
- 4.1. Communication from Social We and Members of the Social We Community are governed by Sections 7.1 and 7.2 of our Terms of Service.
5. Reviewing, Updating, Deleting and Deactivating Personal Information
- 5.1. After registration for our Platform and for specific topics, Social We Socials, we provide a way to update your Personally Identifiable Information. Upon your request, we will deactivate your account and remove your Personally Identifiable Information from our active databases. To make this request, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon our receipt of your request, we will deactivate your account and remove your Personally Identifiable Information as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with our deactivation policy and applicable law. Nonetheless, we will retain in our files information you may have requested us to remove if, in our discretion, retention of the information is necessary to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems or to enforce the Terms of Service Agreement. Furthermore, your information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints (for example, we will not remove your information from our back up storage).
6. Notification of Changes
- 6.2. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices, we will post a prominent notice on our platform notifying you and our other members of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email you and other members who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices. However, if you have deleted/deactivated your account, then you will not be contacted, nor will your previously collected personal information be used in this new manner.
- 6.3. If the change to this Policy would change how your Personally Identifiable Information is treated, then the change will not apply to you without your affirmative consent. However, if after a period of thirty (30) days you have not consented to the change in the Policy, your account will be automatically suspended until such time as you may choose to consent to the Policy change. Until such consent, your personal information will be treated under the Policy terms in force when you began your membership.
- 6.4. Any other change to this Policy (i.e., if it does not change how we treat your Personally Identifiable Information) will become are effective after we provide you with at least thirty (30) days notice of the changes and provide notice of the changes as described above. You must notify us within this 30 day period if you do not agree to the changes to the Policy and wish to deactivate your account as provided under Section 5.
7. Dispute Resolution
8. Contact Information
- 8.1. If members have any questions or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact SocialWe via the below method.Email: email@example.com